2 a case or sheath especially a pollen sac or moss capsule [syn: theca]
3 a member of the Algonquian people formerly living in Wisconsin in the Fox River valley and on the shores of Green Bay [syn: Sauk]
4 a structure resembling a bag in an animal
- A bag or pouch inside a plant or animal that typically contains a fluid.
- baking pan
SAC or sac may refer to:
- Sac (biology), a bag like structure possibly containing fluid, in a plant, animal, or fungus.
United States geography
- SAC: Simple API for CSS developed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
- SAC programming language, a strict purely functional programming language
- Selected Areas in Cryptography, an annual cryptography workshop series
- SA-C programming language, a C family language targeted at programming circuits
- Strict Avalanche Criterion, a property of boolean functions of relevance in cryptography
- Superior Art Creations, an underground group of computer art scene enthusiasts
- Special Administration Console, a system console that provides headless server operation
- St. Andrew's College, multiple colleges named after St. Andrew
- School-assessed coursework, a type of school-based assessment in which students complete the assessment tasks specified in the study design
- Scottish Agricultural College, an organization based in Scotland
- St Aloysius' College, multiple colleges named after St Aloysius
- Student activity center, a type of building found on university campuses
- Students' Administrative Council, University of Toronto, the largest students' union in Canada
- San Antonio College, A College of the Alamo Community Colleges in San Antonio, Texas
- Senior Aircraftman, a rank in the Royal Air Force
- Senior Assistant Commissioner, a rank in the Singapore Police Force
- Second Artillery Corps, one of four branches of the Chinese armed forces
- Side Arm Controller, developed through the U.S. Army during and after the ADOCS AFCS helicopter program.
- Southern Air Command of the Indian Air Force
- Strategic Air Command, the operational establishment of the United States Air Force in charge of America's bomber-based and ballistic missile-based strategic nuclear arsenal from 1946 to 1992
- Special Agent in Charge, an FBI term for an agent holding a position of authority at the scene of a crime or investigation.
- Supreme Allied Commander, the most senior commander in some multinational military organizations.
- Senate Appropriations Committee, a standing committee of the United States Senate with jurisdiction over all discretionary spending legislation in the Senate.
- Sports Affairs Council, a council under the Executive Yuan of Taiwan.
- Socorro ISD Student Activities Complex, a sports and activity complex located in El Paso, Texas
- The Student Activity Center, a sports complex located in Laredo, Texas
- South Atlantic Conference, an athletic conference in the National Collegiate Athletic Association Division II
- Schweizer Alpen-Club (Swiss Alpine Club), a Swiss mountaineering club.
- California State Prison, Sacramento, in the USA
- S-Allyl cysteine, a chemical constituent of garlic
- SAC (Spanish: Satélite Argentino Científico), a series of Argentine research satellites developed by Comisión Nacional de Actividades Espaciales
- Sac (tribe), a group of Native Americans
- SAC Capital Partners, a hedge fund managed by Steven A. Cohen
- Sac spider, a large catch-all taxon for a large group of disparate collection of spiders
- Sacramento Valley Rail Station, California; Amtrak station code SAC
- Scottish Arts Council, a Scottish public body
- Service d'Action Civique, a Gaullist organisation
- Single Acting Cylinder, a type of pneumatic cylinder
- Societas Apostolatus Catholici, a religious congregation within the Roman Catholic Church
- Space Applications Centre, an Indian Space Research Organization Research lab
- Special Area of Conservation, a protected area in the European Union
Alone Complex, a phenomenon where unrelated actions of
individuals create a seemingly concerted effort
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, a Japanese animated TV series
- Suburban Activity Center, a relatively new concentration of business, shopping and entertainment outside a traditional urban area
- "Super Adventure Club", a fictional club of child-molesting explorers from the South Park episode, "The Return of Chef"
- Super Aero City, a bus model of Hyundai Motors
- Sveriges Arbetares Centralorganisation, an anarcho-syndicalist trade union federation in Sweden
- Sac (cuisine) and Sacayağı, traditional Turkish cuisine instruments for baking.
- Sudan Automobile and Tourism Club, a member of the FIA
- Syrian Automobile Club, a member of the FIA
sac in German: SAC
sac in Spanish: SAC
sac in Esperanto: SAC
sac in French: SAC
sac in Italian: SAC
sac in Japanese: SAC
ANAC, ARF, ATC, ATS, Air Command, Air Transport Command, Air Transport Service, Airborne Reconnaissance Force, Army-Navy Air Corps, Bomber Command, CASU, Coastal Command, FEAF, Fleet Air Arm, MATS, NAD, NATS, Naval Air Division, Navy Air, RAAF, RAF, RCAF, Royal Air Force, Strategic Air Command, US Air Force, USAAF, USAF, USNAS, air force